What is mould?

Mould is an organism belonging to the family of fungi. It grows both indoors and outdoors. Moulds are an integral part of the ecology outside. They aid in decomposing plant and animal debris. Mould growth within might occasionally be harmful. It may cause allergies and infections in certain individuals.

Types of mould

Multiple forms of mould are capable of growing in the same place. Without testing, it is not always possible to differentiate various forms of mould. Fortunately, it is not necessary to identify the type of mould in order to eliminate it. These are the most common indoor moulds:

  • This fungi is brown, green, or black in colour. Cladosporium thrives in both warm and cold environments. It is typically discovered on wood, carpets, and fabrics, as well as in heating and cooling ducts.
  • This mould is either blue, green, or yellow. It is frequently discovered under carpets, in basements, and in insulation, especially when water damage has occurred.
  • Aspergillus has a powdery appearance and is green, white, or grey with dark dots. This sort of mould requires little ventilation. It thrives on dry food items as well as in fabrics, walls, attics, and basements.

There are more moulds that are found indoors less frequently than those described above, but you may still encounter them. These consist of:

  • This fuzzy fungus is white and spotted with black. It grows frequently on fabrics and wallpaper, near windows and air conditioning units, particularly in bathrooms and kitchens.
  • This mould is pink and spotted with black. It occurs most frequently on wood, walls, caulking, and grout.
  • Aspergillus chartarum. This greenish-black mould, sometimes known as black mould, thrives on cellulose-rich materials. Typically, it occurs on paper, fiberboard, and gypsum board (drywall).
  • This mould is creamy white, but as it releases spores, it becomes green. It is frequently found on wooden surfaces, windows, especially in bathrooms and kitchens.

What is the cause of mould sickness?

Inhaling mould spores contributes to the accumulation of poisons in your system. We refer to this as the Total Body Load. When your load is heavy, you begin to experience symptoms, many of which appear unrelated. For the majority of people, poisons are drained out of the body during elimination.

For some, the toxic burden is too great for the body to clear all of them efficiently. As the body attempts to eliminate mycotoxins, some individuals may have inefficient detoxification processes or may recycle or reabsorb them back. Genetics has a significant impact on this variation between individuals. Multiple symptoms occur because, as they say in environmental medicine, genetics aims the gun, and then the environment pulls the trigger.

What are the symptoms of mould infection?

If you have a high Total Body Burden or are genetically predisposed to recycle toxins, mould exposure might produce allergy symptoms such as:

  • Chronic or recurrent sinusitis
  • Coughing
  • Irritated eyes
  • Rash
  • Redness of the eyes
  • Runny nose
  • Watery eyes
  • Wheezing/shortness of breath

In addition, severe pain and neurological problems, including:

  • Chronic nerve pain
  • Common colds and influenza
  • Joint discomfort
  • Migraines and headaches
  • Muscle spasm, aches and pains
  • Poor memory, mental fog, and difficulty concentrating
  • Tingling, numbness or tremors
  • Vertigo/Dizziness
  • Weakness and weariness

Mould spores can sometimes take root and thrive in specific areas of the body, including the lungs and sinuses. This may result in severe respiratory diseases and infections.

How long do the symptoms of mould last?

The difficulty with mould exposure is that its effects vary from person to person. The duration of mould exposure symptoms is dependent on:

  • What type of mould is present
  • How long exposure has occurred
  • How efficiently their system eliminates toxins

Those who effectively eliminate toxins may notice their symptoms diminish within a few days. Others who clear toxins more slowly may have symptoms for a significantly longer duration. They may remain unwell for months or even years following the elimination of the mould source.

What are the indicators of mould in your residence?

Mould can be identified by its musty odour. Another prominent clue is the presence of obvious water damage. As noted previously, mould grows quickly. Within twenty-four hours of a water leak or flood, mould will begin to grow. This mould can develop on walls, floors, ceilings, furniture, and even damp laundry if the environment is humid.

When there is a possibility of mould, it is essential to have an expert test the area. Qualified professionals conducting environmental investigations can:

  • Assist in identifying sources of moisture
  • Check your home’s surfaces for mould.
  • Determine where mould is forming and assist you in decontaminating your home.
  • Sample air for spores
  • Utilise natural enzymes to eliminate mould spores.

If you do not eliminate all sources of mould, you risk becoming ill.

Treatment for mould exposure

Once the sources of moisture that promote mould growth have been discovered, the problem must be resolved and the mould must be eradicated. This must be performed by trained experts. Unless a professional removes the mould permanently, it will shortly return.

In conclusion, the body needs assistance to eliminate toxins and minimise the Total Body Burden. Common mould-related disease treatments include:

  • Environmental and nutritional reforms
  • Specialised cleaning for mould
  • Supporting detoxification with natural medications and dietary supplements
  • Utilising intravenous nutrition treatment and colonics

Are you ill but unaware of the cause?

If you have been having mysterious symptoms for no apparent reason, you may be suffering from mould illness. Before the condition worsens, it is advised that you Find doctor and seek treatment.